The Law Office of Jessenia Rosales serves clients throughout Florida in the practice of family law and criminal defense. Jessenia’s specific areas of experience include divorce, child custody and support, injunctions, domestic violence, DUI, theft crimes, drug crimes, assault, and violent crimes. She is also fluent in English and Spanish.
Jessenia earned a Bachelor of Arts in Criminology with a Minor in Psychology from the University of South Florida. She then earned her law degree at Western Michigan University Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Tampa, Florida, graduating with honors. Jessenia later re-enrolled at Western Michigan University Thomas M. Cooley Law School to earn a Master of Laws in Intellectual Property.
While earning her degrees, Jessenia interned at the Public Defender’s office in Hillsborough County after working as a paralegal at a private law practice in St. Petersburg, Florida.
Jessenia has been practicing law in Florida since 2017. She started her own firm, the Law Office of Jessenia Rosales, in 2018 to handle criminal and family law cases. Shortly after, Jessenia received the Rising Professional Award from the Federal Bar Association Younger Lawyers Division in 2019. Jessenia petitioned the Florida Supreme Court to establish Florida Justice Center’s as Floridas first Criminal Legal aid Organization and served on their Legal All-Star Team in 2020.
Jessenia is an active member of the Federal Bar Association, American Bar Association, Florida State Bar Association and Clearwater Bar Association. Her volunteer service includes having served as chairperson of the Florida Justice Center, where she helped FLJC become Florida’s first criminal legal aid organization and volunteered at expungement clinics. Jessenia also served as a chairperson of the Clearwater Bar Association’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee and as a board member of Pinellas Latin Bar Association.
Jessenia has been recognized as a Top 40 Under 40 for three consecutive years, since 2020. In 2022, she was recognized amongst Lawyers of Distinction Members.
Certifications and Legal Awards
- AFSP – Mental Health First Aid Certification (MHFA) – April 2018
- FBA – YLD Rising Professional – 2019
- FL Justice Center Legal Allstar Team – 2020
- Lawyers of Distinction – 2022
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 – 2020, 2021, 2022
- Super Lawyers- 2023
Featured Pro Bono Activities
Bay Area Legal Services
- Domestic Violence Assistance Project
- Family Forms Clinic
- Guardian Advocacy
Florida Justice Center
- Criminal Defense Representation to Protestors
- Petitioned Supreme Court of Florida for Certification as the First Criminal Legal Aid Organization in the State of Florida.
- Expungement Clinic(s)
Florida League of Women’s Voters
- Restoration of Voting Rights to “returning citizens” Pursuant to Amendment 4
- Florida Justice Center
- Pinellas Latin Bar Association
Former Board of Directors Member for Community outreach
- Clearwater Bar Association
Former Chairperson for Diversity and Inclusion Symposium Committee
- Federal Bar Association
Member Since: 2015
Young Lawyers Division
- American Bar Association
Member Since: 2018
- Western Michigan University - L.L.M. - 2019
- Thomas M. Cooley - J.D. - 2015
- University Of South Florida - B.A. - 2012
Get in TouchFill out the contact form or call us at (813) 842-1425
to schedule your free initial consultation.